Goal: To improve the interest and capacity of female science students on STEM subject.
THEME: AWAKENING THE FEMALE TECHNOLOGICAL GIANTS
OUTCOME: The outcomes are both short and long term:
- The training was targeted at enhancing the confidence of the female science students.
- Acquiring relevant knowledge and skills to appreciate intricacies of gender equality.
- Renewed commitment and build momentum for increased interest in STEM subject.
- Greater awareness of human rights particularly with respect to how it affects women and girls.
- Increased appreciation of technology and the role of women and girls in this regards.
NARRATIVE/DESCRIPTION OF TRAINING
The campaign was carried to bridge the gender gap in STEM subject. It came in two modules involving two major resource persons from E-WIN; Dr. Chiemezie Atama and Engr. Dr. Chinenye Anyadike.. The workshop was held at University of Nigeria Secondary School Nsukka. The training employed participatory methodology such as interactive sessions, break up group work and presentation, experience sharing and structured presentations using power point to enhance communication and understanding.